The news has been bombarded with negative stories about the real estate market over the past few years, but the tides are turning and inventory is now lower than ever. There are still many opportunities for buyers as prices still remain low. For savvy homebuyers looking to buy in the high-end or luxury marketplace there is tremendous opportunity.
If you’ve always dreamed about buying a luxury property but considered it just out of reach, today’s market may has put downward pressure on the prices of higher-end homes making them more affordable than ever. To buy your dream home you will want to have a strategy.
1. Choose your agent wisely.
Your agent is your advocate. You will need an agent who is experienced and successful in the luxury home market. Agents who deal in luxury property have the right knowledge to help you locate and negotiate an offer on a high-end home.
2. Take the time necessary.
The high-end home search may take more time and patience. The supply of luxury homes may be smaller, you may even need to expand your search or rely or your agent to find homes that may not be currently up for sale. The home will be bigger, have more features and thus there will be more to consider in the purchase decision.
3. Prepare the perfect offer.
Cash is king in today’s market. According to the May 2011 REALTORS® Confidence Index from the National Association of REALTORS®, 30 percent of all purchases between mid-April and mid-May of last year were financed with cash. The number was even higher for luxury properties.
Even though many luxury sellers may also be in a distressed property situation they are typically more particular about who was buying their property as well as the final selling price. Use your agent to carefully craft the perfect offer.
Painting is one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to change the look of your home. Getting started and knowing what to do is usually the hardest part but the following tips these tips will help to make your painting projects easier. These instructions and suggestions can save you time and effort while helping you end up with a better-looking paint job.
PREPARE THE SURFACE
Clean the surface to be painted.
Fill in any cracks or holes with putty before starting the painting job.
Caulk all joints, cracks and seams in the surface before painting.
Check around the window panes for loose or missing putty. Replace the putty in these areas before starting the painting job.
Use drop cloths to cover floors, furniture, etc.
Thoroughly mix the paint.
Pour off, into another container, any thin portion of the paint that is floating on top.
Use a paddle to stir the paste settled in the bottom of the can.
Pouring the paint back and forth from one container to another will help thoroughly mix the paint.
Line your roller tray with a plastic tray liner or aluminum foil it will save you a lot of clean up time in the end.
Always use the flat side of the brush when you’re painting corners.
Cleaning the brushes carefully after each painting job is done and
then wrapping and storing them for future use. Fold wax paper around the brush and seal it with a rubber band.
Clean rollers in the same basic way as paintbrushes. Take time to clean them thoroughly.
Wash latex paints out of a brush with clear warm water.
Following the quick and simple tips will have you with a whole new look and a clean and easy paint job.
This Single-Family in Methuen, MA recently sold for $210,000.
This is a Ranch style home and features 5 total rooms, 1 full bath, 2 bedrooms, 0.17 acres, and was sold by
Kathryn Early – Coco, Early & Associates
Methuen MA Real Estate
North Andover MA Real Estate
- Why Thanksgivukkah Is a Portmanteau - and What That Means December 1, 2013Given all the hoopla surrounding it, it's surprising that only one reader has written in about "Thanksgivukkah," the word coined for this year's coinciding of Thanksgiving dinner with the first night of Hanukkah. […]
- Haverhill Firefighter Arrested At His Methuen Home December 1, 2013A longtime Haverhill firefighter voluntarily turned over 13 firearms and two crates of ammunition to Methuen police after he was arrested on assault and battery charges Wednesday evening. […]
- Somerville waste company must November 30, 2013A Somerville waste disposal company must pay $90,000 as a result of a two-year investigation by the state attorney general's office into wage law violations. […]
- Holiday Fun, Music and More in Andover This Weekend December 5, 2013This weekend is looking chilly weather-wise, with freezing rain Friday night and temperatures in the 30s on Saturday and Sunday. […]
- West Boylston Arts Foundation offers 'African Drums for All' classes December 5, 2013Boylston native and musician Michael Rinker has become well known locally for teaching about African drumming through collaborations with the West Boylston Arts Foundation . […]
- Mass. Runner Collapsed in Right Place on Thanksgiving December 4, 2013On this chilly morning he was among nearly 10,000 pumped-up people running the Feaster Five Road Race in Andover. […]
- Senate president tells highway department to 'live within its means' December 5, 2013Senate President Chuck Morse, R-Salem, said the state highway fund has been going up and up along with the department's budget. […]
- SHAHEEN: Meals on Wheels Budget Cuts Hurt New Hampshire Seniors December 5, 2013December 4, 2013 Contact: Press Office 224-5553 SHAHEEN: MEALS ON WHEELS BUDGET CUTS HURT NEW HAMPSHIRE SENIORS During Meals on Wheels "Ride Along," Shaheen stresses importance of program for seniors Shaheen-Meals on Wheels Ride Along - This morning, U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen joined staff and volunteers from Rockingham Nutrition and Meals on ... […]
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand December 4, 2013A local man is facing several charges after police say he stabbed an officer in the hand with his car keys after he was stopped for speeding and reckless driving. […]
- Put a few more lanes on that modified erector set November 30, 2013In 1983, the "temporary" Rourke bridge was opened. Thirty years later, in 2013, MassDOT has prepared a "Corridor Study & Feasibility Analysis for Rourke Bridge, Wood Street, Westford Street & Drum Hill Road." […]
- Plea deal ends Windham man's road rage case that was derailed by 'Laurie List' issue November 28, 2013A Windham man avoided heading to trial for a second time on a 2011 road rage case, months after a judge upended his conviction because prosecutors failed to disclose that a former Pelham police officer had a potential credibility issue related to his testimony. […]
- Lowell man faces multiple OUI counts in Pelham November 24, 2013A Lowell, Mass., man whose car struck a tree was driving drunk despite an interlock device on his car that should have kept him off the road, police said Saturday. […]